comsc US Politics | AMERICAblog News: Friday Orchid Blogging
Join Email List | About us | AMERICAblog Gay
Elections | Economic Crisis | Jobs | TSA | Limbaugh | Fun Stuff

Friday Orchid Blogging



| Reddit | Tumblr | Digg | FARK



I've had this guy for a few years now. It's a Brassia "Eternal Wind." It's terribly easy to grow - it likes its water, and a lot of sunlight. Otherwise, doesn't take much. Though, like all orchids, you need to repot it every few years, and NOT in potting soil. Repotting is the only real trauma involved, otherwise this one is easy. At least for me. This time I got two very large spikes of flowers, each one about 18 inches long, with probably ten flowers per spike. It's really a stunning plant, and it's lightly fragrant, which you don't really notice with just one spike - but now that I have two (a first for me), you notice it a bit more.

Enjoy.


blog comments powered by Disqus